Try out these amazing Pommes Frites that are seasoned and cooked to perfection! They are the perfect side dish for just about anything. After all, everyone loves fries!
If you love fries then you have come to the right place because I do too! Try out these amazing crispy baked fries and these delicious air fryer French fries for options of other ways to cook them up!
What are Pommes Frites?
Pommes Frites is actually the French term for French fries! They are the same thing except they are served bistro-style, typically in a paper cone. Pommes Frites can be served with a variety of different things but are commonly seen paired with garlic aioli sauce on the side! Or you can dip them in some classic ketchup or my favorite fry sauce. They are simply delicious and you can never go wrong with French fries!
These Pommes Frites are a copycat version of the ones that you may have tried in Disneyland! They are served at Cafe Orleans alongside the Monte Cristo Sandwich) and are absolutely divine! But, you can serve them as a side to just about anything including grilled cheese, or a juicy hamburger! Plus, when you served them up in a white cone, they look so fancy and professional. So cook these up and bring the restaurant home to you!
Ingredients to Make Pommes Frites
The ingredients list doesn’t get much simpler than this. You only need 3 things and you will be on your way to having the most delicious fries that you have ever had! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Russet Potatoes: You can slice these as thin or thick as you would like. Cut them to about the same size so that they cook evenly.
- Vegetable Oil: This is necessary to fry the potatoes in and get them nice and crispy on the outside.
- Sea Salt: Season these fries up. You are not going to be able to stop eating them!
Let’s Cook Up Some Fries!
This Pommes Frites recipe is so easy and they turn out so delicious! Pair them with a meal or eat them as a snack. No more McDonald’s drive-thru for you! These are better!
- Slice: Cut up your potatoes into thin slices and rinse them in a large bowl of cold water. (No need to peel the potatoes!)
- Prep: Heat oil on the stove in a large saucepan or in your deep fryer to 325 degrees.
- Cook: Add your fries to the oil once it’s hot, and let cook for 5 minutes or until they’re slightly crispy, but not quite done.
- Cool: Remove from the oil and set on a paper towel on a baking sheet. Let them cool down for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook Again: Heat your oil to 350 degrees, and add the fries back in. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. Remove them and set on a paper towel to dry. Sprinkle with sea salt.
There are a few tips that I have when making Pommes Frites so I wanted to put together a list for you! These include variations, cooking tips, and some suggestions!
- What oil do I use? Whenever I am cooking any sort of french fries, I like to use vegetable oil or canola oil. But you can use olive oil if you prefer!
- Can I use any potatoes? Russet potatoes are alwasy my first choice but if I don’t have those on hand then I use Yukon gold potatoes instead.
- Smaller batches: Whenever I am frying things then I like to cook them in smaller batches. They seem to have a better texture overall when they aren’t crammed together and can get more surface area cooked.
- Can I cook these ahead of time? You can! But we all know that fresh fries are the best fries! I would eat them right away.
How to Store Leftovers
If you end up having leftover Pommes Frites then you can store them in an airtight container in your fridge for about 2-3 days. You can reheat them in your oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until warmed through.
Cut up your potatoes into thin slices and rinse them in cold water.
Preheat oil on the stove or in your deep fryer to 325 degrees.
Add your fries to the oil once it’s hot, and let cook for 5 minutes or until they’re slightly crispy, but not quite done.
Remove from the oil and set on a paper towel. Let them cool down for at least 20 minutes.
Heat your oil to 350 degrees, and add the fries back in. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. Remove them and set on a paper towel to dry. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Calories210kcal (11%)Carbohydrates48g (16%)Protein6g (12%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonnounsaturated Fat1gSodium1757mg (73%)Potassium1111mg (32%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A3IUVitamin C15thmg (18%)Calcium36mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.