(Culinary.net) When you are craving something sweet, sometimes you just can’t get it off your mind until you have just one bite. You need something small, delicious and something that will ease your cravings. This recipe for Chocolate Coated Strawberry Treats is not only fun to make, but will give you that perfect little snack you have been longing for.
The begins with fresh strawberries and ends with a drizzle of mouthwatering peanut butter recipe sauce. This is a great recipe for little ones looking to help out in the kitchen. These strawberries are fun to dip and even more enjoyable to devour.
This snack can also be perfect for date night, a romantic date or just a picnic in the park with friends. They are easy to transport from place to place and don’t leave a huge mess behind to clean up afterwards.
It’s also simple to just melt, whisk, dip and repeat. The red, ripe berries are bursting with color and the chocolate is glazed right across the top for the perfect bite.
The best part is you can be creative and dip these strawberries into a number of your favorite ingredients you already have in your pantry at home. This includes, sprinkles, small candies, white chocolate drizzle and different kinds of nuts. The possibilities are endless.
Next time you can’t get chocolate off your mind, enjoy something delightful, rich and a show-stopping snack.
Find more snack recipes at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Chocolate Coated Strawberry Treats
- 1 1/4 baking chocolate chips
- 1/2 baking peanut butter chips
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- shredded coconut
- crushed almonds
- In saucepan, add baking chocolate chips and two tablespoons of coconut oil. Melt on low to medium heat and whisk until smooth.
- In a small bowl, add baking peanut butter chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted. Whisk together until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip all strawberries into melted chocolate. Then, dip 1/3 in coconut, 1/3 in almonds and 1/3 just chocolate and lay on tray.
- Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the plain chocolate strawberries.
- Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until strawberry treats are chilled.