Minecraft Java: How to add controller support
Many consider Minecraft Java Edition for pc the best version of Minecraft due to its access to online mod libraries, and controller support is one of the mods featured in these collections. While the mouse and keyboard serve as a common method for gaming on Java, some gamers prefer the comfort and accessibility of a gamepad or gamepad. Since minecraft java on pc doesn’t have native controller support, fans of gamepad-oriented gameplay will need to visit one of the popular online modding libraries for the mod they need – Controllable of Curse Forge.
How to Get Controller Support for Minecraft Java on PC
To start, Minecraft fans should first go to the official download page of the Controllable mod on Curse Forge. In the upper right corner of the screen, they will have two options to download or install. Download is the method requiring manual installation of the mod, while installation completes the process automatically through the Curse Forge app.
Minecraft: How to Install Chatless Reports Module
Below are the steps of how to manually install the controllable controller support mod for minecraft java:
- Step 1: Download and install the latest version of minecraft forge for Minecraft
- 2nd step: Launch Minecraft and make sure the game launches through Forge. If Forge does not appear in the list of options, make sure “Modded” is checked in the Installations tab of the Launcher. If Forge still hasn’t appeared, select “New Installation” and Forge 1.19 in the second option.
- Step 3: Once Minecraft has been launched, select Mods from the game’s main menu.
- Step 4: Choose “Open Mods Folder” in the lower right corner.
- Step 5: Drag and drop controllable controller support mod to minecraft java in the file.
- Step 6: Relaunch Minecraft and use a connected gamepad to confirm that gamepad support is working.
This mod supports gamepads for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. However, properly connecting these controllers to their PC is a process that the mod does not do for the player. On the other hand, once the fans start Minecraft and enter the game, they should be able to use their gamepad immediately in-game. Modded controller support should also work on multiplayer online servers, which means that while other users in a world use a mouse and keyboard, the player can still use their controller to play and interact with the environment in Minecraft.
Minecraft Java Edition is available on PC.